Wednesday, January 9, 2013

May Her Burrow Be Long and Warm and Dry...

It turns out the woodchuck is probably a female, so I guess she isn't "Charlie Brown" after all.

My little friend went home to what may be her forever home with a rehabber last night. The rehabber and I both think she has something neurological going on, plus she's way too habituated to people to be releasable, so Robin (the rehabber) will most likely be keeping her. Robin LOVES woodchucks and was so excited to get her from me. She already has seven woodchucks, two of which are long-term members of her family, because they are not releasable for various reasons. One of those is litterbox trained and roams around freely in her house! I can hardly wait to go visit and see them all!

Anyway, Robin took my little woodchuck last night, so hopefully she is settling in now and making herself at home. I really enjoyed having her here for a few days, but am not set up for long-term woodchuck hospitality, so am glad I now know someone whose door is always open to another woodchuck.

Here are some of my sketches from the woodchuck's time here (click on images for larger view).

 I wish my little friend well, and, whether her life includes chucking wood, or forecasting weather, or simply eating to her heart's content (no gardens, please), may her burrow always be long and warm and dry.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Tell Robin that I have quite a few that she is welcome to have! ;-) I'm glad your little friend found a home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...