Sunday, September 27, 2009

Night Scenes

There's something magical about being outside at night, and I often step out for a minute or two before I head to bed. One of the things I love about the shorter days of winter is walking in the dark, either in the morning or evening. I feel hidden, and since I walk without a flashlight, I can see without being seen if there are other people out and about.



I also love the night sky and could gaze for hours. Trees silhouetted against the brightness of the moon or the depth of a dark sky; moonlight casting strong shadows at times or bathing all in a soft glow at other times. Constellations telling a story for all to see.



When the moon is full I think about how people all around the world are stopping to look, ponder, and marvel. As I gaze, I'm filled with wonder at God's creation and I feel a connection with people who have paused to appreciate it throughout time.

3 comments:

Terri said...

Ooooh, I love those, Melissa! I like the colors in them.

Arielle said...

I love that last painting. Beautiful.

Deb Townsend said...

These are wonderful, especially the last one. Can't wait to see that in person.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...