Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Colorado!

Last weekend I was in Colorado for a dog trainers' seminar--- a fabulous time of listening, watching, thinking, processing and networking. I can already see differences in how I handle client dogs and what kind of response I get from them. An excellent seminar!

Here are some of my "notes" from the demos:





Being in a group of people, no matter how nice they are and how fun the time, always wears me out, and painting is a wonderful stress reducer for me. In the evenings and after the seminar was over I spent time painting, sometimes in my room and sometimes outside looking at the gorgeous Rocky Mountains in the distance. I love the colors of Colorado and am eager to go back and spend more time absorbing the beauty and painting it as best I can to bring home memories in my sketchbook.



2 comments:

Debbie said...

Lovely landscape sketches Melissa, and I love those pencil sketches of your dogs.... wonderful references to have!!!! Are you going to develop any of those dogs?

Deb Townsend said...

I love your loose landscape sketches. Makes me want to go back there. And your dogs, as usual, are wonderful. You're just getting better and better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...