Thursday, September 10, 2015

Van Gogh and Nature

On Tuesday I went to The Clark Art Institute in Williamstown, Massachusetts to see the "Van Gogh and Nature" exhibition. It was wonderfully inspiring, as I expected it to be, with many drawings and paintings I hadn't seen before. I particularly enjoyed seeing and studying Van Gogh's trees and his studies of moths and one of a bird. 

After going slowly through the Van Gogh exhibit, I walked up the hill (a beautiful, quiet, woodland walk) to the Lunder Center, where there is an exhibit of James McNeil Whistler's paintings and etching's, "Whistler's Mother: Grey, Black, and White".

After going through the Whistler exhibit,  I went back down the hill and went slowly through the Van Gogh exhibit again, focusing on my favorite pieces. Then, feeling inspired by all that I had seen, I braved the heat outside and sat in the shade under a tree to sketch the beautiful hill rising up behind the museum. Altogether a delightful, educational, and inspiring day.

My sketch from behind The Clark

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...