Monday, March 1, 2010

More Dogs

Dog on my easel
coming to life with color
I'm eager to see your face

I'm still painting dogs. I just love trying to capture on paper the feeling of connection in the expression of a devoted dog looking at his or her person. I also like to play with colors or sometimes with just one color to capture the feeling of a dog, whether looking at his person or sleeping contentedly.

Sleeping Beardie


Shaggy Dog-- this is my second painting of this Shaggy Boy. I enjoy trying to get the feeling of the bright sunshine on his fur.


Here's the start of a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. I don't usually start with the eye, but on this one I did. Often the eye is the last part that I paint. On this pup, though, his eye is really the focal point, so I decided to start with that.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Beautiful work Melissa! Your Shaggy Dog is very, very good. And your sleeping Beardie is precious, you have caught his character well here!

Go Girl!

Melissa Fischer said...

Thank you, Debbie! :)

Debbie said...

And because your work is so beautiful,I’m sending you a little Sunshine Award for your blog, hop over and take a look on my blog for instructions. Thanks for being so inspiring!

http://debadoodle.blogspot.com/

Regards

Debbie

Maree Clarkson said...

These sketches are utterly adorable Melissa! Beautifully done! I have also awarded you the SUNSHINE AWARD for Creativity and Positivity in Blogging - If you'd like to accept, you can get the details on my blog : http://artandcreativity-maree.blogspot.com/2010/03/sunshine-award.html

Melissa Fischer said...

Thank you so much, Debbie and Maree! Both of your blogs are also inspiring to me and a pleasure to follow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...